Thursday 10 November 2011

Playing with my food 1

Time for another blog otherwise I'm sure all of my two followers will be saying "How much creativity can one blonde head contain?  Obvi0usly not much because she has only posted one idea!". You know, even blonde people can get busy.
I got the idea for these cute little edibles from my friend Colleen many moons ago.  I will give you the simple version ( the one I used before I lost my self control ) first.  These are really quick to make even if you are more blonde than myself.

'Sing choirs of angels '
You will need:  marshmellows, Koolmints, mint leaves and white melts (Yuk.  They're not even chocolate)
Cut your mint leaves in half as shown in the photo.
Gently melt white 'whatevers' in a microwave safe jug. Do this at half power and stir after each zap.
Once melted, place a little whatever on top of marshmellow and stick on Koolmint.
Then put a little of the white melt on the sugared side of cut mint leaf and stick to the marshmellow.  Stick down near the base of the marshmellow because it helps to support the little angel.
Now that wasn't too hard was it?

Okay, so this is what I came up with when I lost my self control.

What you will need for these beautiful angels:
I think Aldi should be giving me a percentage of sales if these little things literally take off :-)
Pfeffernusse, Fruit Jelly Slices and Marshmellows (all from Aldi's)
Koolmints
White melts
Rice paper


Gently melt white whatevers in microwave safe jug.  Do this at half power in short bursts.  Stir after each time in the microwave. Once the melts are melted put a little on the pfeffernusse and stick the marshmellow to it.  This is a nice sturdy base for your little creation.  Place a little more of the melt on top of the marshmellow and stick on your koolmint.         















Next we are going
to cut a little wedge
shape out of the fruit jelly
slice. This then gets
stuck on at the bottom
                    of the marshmellow.                    







Put  a little red
food colouring
in the lid of it's bottle
and do the same with the black. 
Use a tooth pick to draw
on the eyelids and the mouth.
                 

















Cut a small rectangle of rice paper and fold it in half. Put a little of the melted white melts on the front of the
marshmellow. No they aren't boobs! Stick your rice paper book to the blobs of melt making sure that 
the melt covers a little of the book. These will look like hands.




                      
So hopefully by this time
your melts have started
to thicken a little.  If so,
you can put little blobs
on the angels little head.
If you don't allow the
white 'chocolate' to thicken it will just roll off the Koolmint. Your little
treasure is now done so
get ready to make a choir.
JOY TO THE WORLD
THE LORD IS COME!
                         



3 comments:

  1. You amaze me. Might put the premium biscuits down and give this a go! Let you know how I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I stop the rice paper from breaking. Every time I go to fold it it just breaks in half. (and I'm being really really gentle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rice paper you need to be using Carolyn is the kind that you use under some Macaroon biscuits. Also you were right about the wording of the cutting of the fruit jelly. You can pop that little piece in your mouth because you don't need it. What I meant to say was that you stick the wings down low because it keeps your little angel more stable. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete