Thursday 24 November 2011

Elf Slipper Serviettes



Elf Slipper Seviettes




A dear friend of my beautiful Mum taught me how to make these lovely little Christmas serviettes. Mrs King
was her name and she had me grinding my own flour to make bread.  She had me making my own washing powder. She taught me how to sew.  The first thing I sewed with her she said I sewed as crooked as a dog's hind leg.  I later very much regretted that she taught me so well because when I painted my Christmas scene this year it would have been soooooo much more natural if where I sewed the sheets together I would have sewn them together crooked!  My lovely Mum and Mrs King are bothe gone now.  How lovely it would be to have Mum and Dad back for awhile.  I would loved for them to have gotten to see my beautiful little twin granddaughters.


These little slippers look great on the Christmas table with a Ferrero Rocher in them.  The gold paper really suits the theme but you could put in some other little treat. Enjoy.  I think I can do them with my eyes closed now.  I've already made about 150 so far in the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment